Pages

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Cristiano Ronaldo: Criticism is part of football


Cristiano Ronaldo: Criticism is part of football
Posted by Andy Booth on 02/22/13
Cristiano Ronaldo has spoken to GQ Magazineabout a number of issues including the criticism that goes with playing for a team like Real Madrid.

The Spanish champions have not had the best season so far and Ronaldo commented, "Real Madrid are the biggest club in the world, and people always expect us to be perfect. I think there is always room for improvement.

"Criticism is part of our business; we have to live with it. The thing that hurts me the most is criticism about things away from the field of play. It doesn't bother me when it's about my playing form, because, I repeat, I am the first to realise it when things are going badly.

"I have lots of friends in the dressing room, not just my compatriots."

Ronaldo went on to praise Sir Alex Ferguson, "I have nothing but gratitude for Ferguson. He is fantastic, as a coach and as a person."

The Portuguese forward then discussed the national team and his desire to continue for a long time in the game, "It is much harder to win with the national team than with the club, although we are still a young team. We reached the [European Championship] final in 2004, the semi-finals in [World Cup] 2006 and in last year's European Championship; that's an achievement.

"Football is my life. I would love to stay in this world, even after I stop playing. But, for the moment, I'm going to concentrate on the years I have left as a player. Time will tell what will happen next." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment