Pages

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Ronaldo: My unhappiness with Real Madrid has passed


Ronaldo: My unhappiness with Real Madrid has passed
Posted by Andy Booth on 02/06/13
Cristiano Ronaldo spoke to AS on Wednesday and admitted that his infamous "unhappy" spell with Real Madrid is beginning to fade.

Ronaldo, speaking to the Spanish publication in Guimares ahead of Portugal's friendly match with Ecuador later tonight, said that things were improving. CR7 had declared his unhappiness with an issue at the club last September but admits things are on the up.

The Real forward said, "Yes, something has changed because I am doing what I like, which is playing football and I feel very good on the field and with my team-mates. Maybe I have also changed my way of thinking and being. At this moment I feel better than I did then."

Previously it had been stated that money was the issue in regards to a new contract, but Ronaldo denied those allegations, "I am not going to talk much about that, because the truth is that for me the most important thing, what is in my head and my aims, is that Madrid wins the Champions League and the Copa del Rey.

"The contract renewal is a subject I do not want to talk about. It does not concern me now. The only important thing now is the team and we will speak at the end of the season. I swear by my son that my ‘unhappiness’ was never a question of money. It was not."

In regards to his fitness he stated, "Everything is fine now. I had a muscle strain, but I am already much better now. For Sevilla and 'El Manchester' I will be fit to play."

Finally, Ronaldo was not shy with his birthday requests (from yesterday), "The first present I would ask for is la Decima [Madrid's fabled tenth European Cup trophy], something that is very special for Real Madrid after so many years without winning it and also, logically, special for me.

"The Champions League is the biggest for a player and I am very excited about winning it this year. There is also the Copa del Rey with Madrid, because we know that La Liga is now very difficult."

0 comments:

Post a Comment